in

AngryAngry WTFWTF LOLLOL OMGOMG CryCry LoveLove

Democrats Have Gotten Mighty Quiet About Detained “Migrant Children,” Huh?

Remember when that was a big deal?

They certainly have, although the New York Times has been slow to recognize it. The New York Post reported on this phenomenon two months ago, specifically in relation to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but also more broadly among House and Senate Democrats. Where they once demanded public hearings and manned the barricades at protests over detention of child migrants, Joe Biden’s allies have suddenly discovered the golden-ness of public silence:

House Democrats, who led an angry charge against the Trump administration’s treatment of migrant children, have taken a much quieter tack since concerns began emerging about conditions at some of the emergency shelters set up by the Biden administration to deal with minors at the southern border.
Where once only Twitter assaults and dressing-downs at House hearings would suffice, Democratic lawmakers are voicing worries privately to administration officials and the small staff at the Department of Health and Human Services, which oversees the care. If problems persist, the lawmakers say they call again.
Democrats say the contrast is for good reason: former President Donald J. Trump’s immigration policies were deliberately cruel, devised as a deterrent to would-be migrants, while the Biden administration is trying hard to deal with a bad hand.

This is a nonsense argument, although it’s really the only one House Democrats have to cover their hypocrisy. Trump also inherited “a bad hand” on human trafficking across the southern border, thanks to the previous Barack Obama-Joe Biden administration. They refused to set incentives against illegal border crossings and never bothered to press Mexico into action to prevent it. While the family-separation policies were needlessly cruel, the rest of the Trump incentive structure was reasonable for border security — and had been effective at restraining trafficking.

Biden reversed those incentives from the moment he assumed office. His campaign promised to be more “welcoming” to asylum seekers, which touched off expectations of open borders — a point even some of Biden’s allies raised, to no avail. Eliminating the Mexico First policy on housing asylum seekers further raised the incentives to swarm the border. The result has been and still is suffering on an order of magnitude higher than the previous status quo under Trump. After that became too obvious to ignore, the White House tried to declare the border closed and discouraged people from traveling, but they continued to leave the same incentives in place — and incentives are what matter most.

That’s what makes the silence of the Democratic lambs so hypocritical and infuriating. They raised a huge stink over Trump’s policies, supposedly out of humanitarian concerns. Regardless of Biden’s intent, the results of his policies have been a disaster on every level, especially humanitarian — and suddenly Democrats want to hide behind closed doors while assuring everyone they still care. They care, all right — about their own partisan interests. And the media’s belated notice of this point speaks to their own ideological and partisan interests. One cheer to the Gray Lady for finally noticing, but the Democrats’ silence on this stopped being “news” weeks ago.

Sources: HotAir: NYT: Say, Democrats have gotten mighty quiet about detained “migrant children,” huh?

What do you think?

-5 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Joshua Jackson

Comments

Leave a Reply
  1. biden or his demo-communist will NEVER EVER do what is RIGHT, for the US and it’s citizens, only what is right for them and their bank accounts.

  2. Well this is what’s happening in our world today. See they can’t build a prison big enough to fit everyone In it. So now BIDEN and our government has sold us to COMMUNIST fractions. When I was a kid a radio personality said . our government’s idea of a perfect world , IS 80% OF THE POPULATION INCARCERATED AND THE OTHER 20% HIRED TO WATCH THEM . AND IT IS IN. FACT A COMMUNIST ACT AGAINST AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OUR GOVERNMENT WELL IF YOU CALL DAMOCRAPS OUR GOVERNMENT I SURE DONT. I THINK THEY SHOULD BE OUT ON THE FREEWAY CHEWING LUGNUTS OFF OFF SEMI WHEELS. AND THE ONLY WAY WE PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AND BEING PUSHED FOR AGAIN JUST TO PLEASE HAGS LIKE PEEEELOUSI. HILLARY OBLAMA SANDERS YOU KNOW ALL THOSE ROTTEN SNOT RAGS IN GOVERNMENT. JACKRAG WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM I DO KNOW MUCH BETTER THINGS THEY SHOULD BE CALLED
    FOR ONE BY NAME TO THE FIRING SQUAD LINE. IS A WONDERFUL START. AND AMERICA COULD GET BACK TO OUR BUISNESS . NONE OF THIS ISA JOKE AT ALL. !!! THIS EXACTLY WHAT DAMOCRAPS WANT . HIDE AND WATCH. THIS IS 110% GODS HONEST TRUTH. NOW IFTHAT IS WHAT YOU WANT SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP . IF THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT YOU HAVE TO DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!! IM WAITING FOR IT. LETS GET IT GOING!!!

  3. Well this is what’s happening in our world today. See they can’t build a prison big enough to fit everyone In it. So now BIDEN and our government has sold us to COMMUNIST fractions. When I was a kid a radio personality said . our government’s idea of a perfect world , IS 80% OF THE POPULATION INCARCERATED AND THE OTHER 20% HIRED TO WATCH THEM . AND IT IS IN. FACT A COMMUNIST ACT AGAINST AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OUR GOVERNMENT WELL IF YOU CALL DAMOCRAPS OUR GOVERNMENT I SURE DONT. I THINK THEY SHOULD BE OUT ON THE FREEWAY CHEWING LUGNUTS OFF OFF SEMI WHEELS. AND THE ONLY WAY WE PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AND BEING PUSHED FOR AGAIN JUST TO PLEASE HAGS LIKE PEEEELOUSI. HILLARY OBLAMA SANDERS YOU KNOW ALL THOSE ROTTEN SNOT RAGS IN GOVERNMENT. JACKRAG WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM I DO KNOW MUCH BETTER THINGS THEY SHOULD BE CALLED
    FOR ONE BY NAME TO THE FIRING SQUAD LINE. IS A WONDERFUL START. AND AMERICA COULD GET BACK TO OUR BUISNESS . NONE OF THIS ISA JOKE AT ALL. !!! THIS EXACTLY WHAT DAMOCRAPS WANT . HIDE AND WATCH. THIS IS 110% GODS HONEST TRUTH. NOW IFTHAT IS WHAT YOU WANT SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP . IF THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT YOU HAVE TO DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!! IM WAITING FOR IT. LETS GET IT GOING!!! Are we AMERICANS OR SLAVES TO COMMUNIST ???

  4. Well this is what’s happening in our world today. See they can’t build a prison big enough to fit everyone In it. So now BIDEN and our government has sold us to COMMUNIST fractions. When I was a kid a radio personality said . our government’s idea of a perfect world , IS 80% OF THE POPULATION INCARCERATED AND THE OTHER 20% HIRED TO WATCH THEM . AND IT IS IN. FACT A COMMUNIST ACT AGAINST AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OUR GOVERNMENT WELL IF YOU CALL DAMOCRAPS OUR GOVERNMENT I SURE DONT. I THINK THEY SHOULD BE OUT ON THE FREEWAY CHEWING LUGNUTS OFF OFF SEMI WHEELS. AND THE ONLY WAY WE PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AND BEING PUSHED FOR AGAIN JUST TO PLEASE HAGS LIKE PEEEELOUSI. HILLARY OBLAMA SANDERS YOU KNOW ALL THOSE ROTTEN SNOT RAGS IN GOVERNMENT. JACKRAG WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM I DO KNOW MUCH BETTER THINGS THEY SHOULD BE CALLED
    FOR ONE BY NAME TO THE FIRING SQUAD LINE. IS A WONDERFUL START. AND AMERICA COULD GET BACK TO OUR BUISNESS . NONE OF THIS ISA JOKE AT ALL. !!! THIS EXACTLY WHAT DAMOCRAPS WANT . HIDE AND WATCH. THIS IS 110% GODS HONEST TRUTH. NOW IFTHAT IS WHAT YOU WANT SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP . IF THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT YOU HAVE TO DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!! IM WAITING FOR IT. LETS GET IT GOING!!! Are we AMERICANS OR SLAVES TO COMMUNIST ??? AND biden IS NOT A president.

  5. Well once again TBIS COMMUNIST site is not going to post some real truth. They have be nice to the scum RATS that took over our country. Might hurt their virgin ears .RIGHT

  6. Democraps the lust for power and their greed for money to them.and they don’t mind wasting tax payer monies to get it. All thru out history democraps have wasted and cost lives of foreigners and Americans alike. All for their justifications of socialism. Democraps are nothing more then scam artist in politics , promise one thing do the opposite when they have the power.

  7. Hey Dems!! What about the child issues at our Southern Border. You complained everyday when Trump was President. Now it’s 10 times worse and you aren’t even talking about it anymore and neither is your Main Street media baboons!!

Leave a Reply to American Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Parents Are Standing Up To Critical Race Theory

Senate Chamber Erupts After Top GOP Comment